Sunday, April 3, 2011

DIY Invitations

When I started wedding planning, I knew I was going to be making my own invitations for one reason ... money! I didn't see any reason to pay someone hundreds of dollars to have my invitations printed. So I went to hobby lobby and spent hours looking at all the paper trying to decide on how I was going to put together 120 invitations. Luckily, there was an invitation kit clearance that was perfect!

 
DIY Wedding Invitation Instructions:


I went to Kinko's and printed and cut all the invitations a quarter inch all the way around. I had a friend's dad who is a printing broker order me black, linen finished cardstock pre-cut the size of our envelopes. I dry glued the invitation to black cardstock.


I bought 100 sheets of this flourish vellum paper and put them the size of the invitation.
 
The cut ribbon pieces came with my invitation kit, but you could just cut a 6 inch piece of satin ribbon of your choice. Thread the ribbon through the vellum, invitation, and cardstock backing.

 
I bought these pearl embellishments to add a little flare. You could use these or any color rhinestone embellishment. Next, super glue the jewel in the middle of the ribbon.

 
All done!



No comments:

Post a Comment